Auditors' Desk Reference 2017
This unique manual shows what the medical record must contain for correct coding and billing of specific medical and diagnostic services and procedures.
The 2017 Auditor’s Desk Reference includes:
Key Features and Benefits
- More auditing tools to protect your revenue critical services and procedures.
- Completely updated for code set and regulatory changes.
- Contains library of time-saving Audit Forms.Easy-to-customize electronic format.
- Provides coders with an auditor's perspective. Know the clinical detail, regulatory instructions, coding protocol needed for code assignment, by individual code and code groupings.
- Know what information needs to be in the medical record and on the claim form to capture appropriate reimbursement.
- Differentiate between similar procedures. Helps coders and auditors compare and contrast seemingly similar, but different procedures.
- Know the key terms that need to be mentioned in the medical record. Support code assignment.
- See the medical conditions that are indicated for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
- Get valuable code intelligence. Confirm correct code assignment.
- Conduct skilled internal audits. Ensure proper reimbursement.