Clinical Documentation Improvement Desk Reference for ICD-10-CM & Procedure Coding 2017
Clinical Documentation Improvement Desk Reference for ICD-10-CM and Procedure Coding 2017
Clinical documentation improvement (CDI) is not about how to code in ICD-10 or CPT®. CDI is knowing what to look for in medical records, as well as how to ask for clarification and get ongoing changes to the notes and comments provided by physicians.
- Covers documentation for CPT® and HCPCS coding, and ICD-10-CM. Enhance your code selections with documentation requirements for all three coding systems.
- Includes the unique "ICD-9 to ICD-10 Mapping" tables that maps clinical terms. An exclusive documentation resource that maps ICD-9-CM clinical terminology to the associated ICD-10-CM terms to speed finding the correct code.
- Teach clinicians with the "Clinician's Checklist for ICD-10-CM." Make copies of this handy tri-fold, pocketsize card for every clinician. Provides powerful documentation tips for the 5 most important chronic and acute conditions.
- Physician Documentation Training. Show physicians what they need to document. Includes 21 detailed documentation checklists for the most common and complex medical conditions.
- Don't teach your clinicians to code ICD-10-CM. Instead show them what you need for optimal code assignment.
- See key terms. Confirm accurate code selection for every chapter of ICD-10-CM.
- Know when ICD-10-CM differs dramatically from ICD-9-CM. Alerts and warnings in the text of this book call your attention to situations where ICD-10-CM coding protocols are different from ICD-9-CM and significantly affect code choices.
- Streamline the query process. Show physicians which medical terms are essential to assigning codes in ICD-10-CM. Includes best practice query forms that get results without unduly influencing clinicians.
Customers also viewed