Detailed Instruction for Appropriate ICD-10-PCS Coding 2016
ICD-10-PCS Mappings 2016
A successful transition from ICD-9-CM, Volume 3, to the ICD-10-PCS coding system will require focused training for individuals and organizations. The first step is to understand that procedure codes are built from a range of variables including root operation, body system, body part, approach and more—not selected from a list. Multiple codes may even be needed in some instances.
Beginning and advanced coders will benefit from Detailed Instruction for Appropriate ICD-10-PCS Coding, which goes beyond the official guidelines by anticipating questions and points of confusion. This resource will help with mastery of ICD-10-PCS coding, an essential skill since reimbursements for Medicare inpatient services make up a significant portion of hospital revenues.
Key Features and Benefits
• Part of the Optum360 Learning Coding & Reimbursement Educational series.
• Easy-to-follow guide to ICD-10-PCS. Master the very different organizational principles and completely new classification system that are the foundation of ICD-10-PCS.
• Map ICD-9-CM procedure terminology to ICD-10-PCS root operation terminology. The umbrella procedures in ICD-9-CM map to several alternative root operations, and, some PCS root operations may map backwards to many commonly used procedural terms in ICD-9-CM. Know the key factors that will determine your code selection.
• Exclusive Optum360 Root Operation Conversion Table. Translate commonly used ICD-9-CM procedural terms to ICD-10-PCS root operations.
• Shows how to quickly solve the foremost ICD-10-PCS coding challenges. Users are guided through the process with expert guidance on selecting the correct root operation from among the 31 root operations found in the Medical and Surgical section. Plus, get essential guidance for CMS body part and device keys that are crucial to appropriate code assignment.
• Real-life coding scenarios. Test your skills or your coders' with real-life coding scenarios that include not just answers—but answer rationale—that explain why the correct answer is the most appropriate.
• Distills official guidelines into essential steps in the code “building” process.