DRG Desk Reference - eBook 2017
DRG Expert - eBook 2017
DRG Desk Reference(ICD-10-CM)gives access to crucial information to improve MS-DRG assignment practices, gives guidance on how to accurately assign DRGs under the MS-DRG system, and focuses on the Optimizing section of the DRG Desk Reference based on ICD-9 codes.
Key Features and Benefits
- Optum360 Edge—Optimizing tips. Know the major factors involved in moving a patient from a lower-paying MS-DRG to a higher one to receive optimal payment while staying in compliance.
- Optum360 Edge—Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) program resource. Understand the types of reviews, target strategies, and targeted and top-audited DRGs.
- Optum360 Edge—DRG decision trees. Clearly understand the logic behind assigning a DRG within an MDC. Available on the eBook and our exclusive DRG Desk Reference website.
- Optum360 Edge—DRG history and overview. Includes an overview of the basic characteristics of the DRG classification system and development of the MS-DRG system, history, and relationship to the IPPS.
- Most commonly missed CC and MCC references. Perform accurate audits by knowing the most commonly missed CCs in the medical record.
- ICD-10-CM codes for common diagnoses and procedures. Quickly identify the key diagnosis or procedure by ICD-10-CM code.
- Case mix index section. Discusses the importance of calculating and tracking case mix on a regular basis as well as tips for documenting case mix index changes and their causes.
- Complete CC and MCC list. Know how codes considered MCCs and CCs will affect DRG assignment—helping to legitimately improve reimbursement.
Relative weights of every valid DRG. A quick reference of the relative weights of all DRGs presented as options for optimizing.