Guide to Clinical Validation, Documentation and Coding 2017
For decades, coders have sought a concise, reliable and easy-to-follow tool for those problematic diagnoses and inpatient procedures that are most often questioned by payers. Now there is a unique new resource that provides the clinical criteria necessary for code assignment.
Key Features and Benefits
- Covers 50 of the most challenging inpatient medical diagnoses and procedures
- Provides detailed clinical criteria and physician documentation requirements needed to justify code assignments
- Helps craft physician queries that address fine distinctions in a patient's medical condition and ensure appropriate reimbursement.
- Provides a detailed clinical description of problematic diagnoses or procedures --from a coder's perspective--plus the clinical criteria that support code assignment.
- Assists coders in determining what clinical elements are necessary for initial diagnosis code assignment, when it should be coded as a complication and when the condition should be coded as an additional diagnosis.
- Identifies other terminology that would qualify for the ICD-10-PCS specific root operation term.
View Sample Pages