ICD-10-PCS 2017 The Complete Official Codebook
ICD-10-PCS 2017: The Complete Official Codebook
ICD-10-PCS 2017: The Complete Official Codebook contains the complete ICD-10-PCS code set and supplementary appendixes required for reporting inpatient procedures. This illustrated codebook presents the code set in 17 sections of tables arranged by general procedure type. Tables within the extensive Medical and Surgical section are additionally sectioned out by body system, indicated by color-coded page borders.
The 2017 edition incorporates the extensive changes anticipated for the ICD-10-PCS code set. Don’t rely on
outdated information! ICD-10-PCS contains classifications for procedures, devices and technologies.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• NEW CODES! More than 4,000 new codes and revisions propsed for 2017 — final 2017 changes will
be integrated as needed into the17 sections of tables, the tutorials, scenarios and coding exercises.
NEW FOR 2017! llustrations of body parts accompanying the Character Meaning Tables. These
tables are located at the beginning of each body system in the Medical/Surgical section.
• Complete set of ICD-10-PCS codes. View all 17 sections of tables by general procedure type from
medical/surgical to new technology.
• Official coding guidelines. Learn how to use the code set appropriately following the guidelines
specific for each section.
• Intuitive features and format. Handy code tables build the code through character value selections
that reflect the procedure performed. Now with body part definitions included in the root operation
tables for the Medical/Surgical section.
• Detailed information on structure and conventions of ICD-10-PCS. For those new to ICD-10-PCS
coding, learn about the unique structure and the specific definitions and functions for each character.
• Productivity tools. Body part definitions table and root operation conversion table.
• Color-coding and symbols for the Medicare Code Edits. This edition includes color-coding and
symbols for the most comprehensive coverage of ICD10 MS-DRG MCEs for procedures including;
– Non-covered procedures
– Limited coverage procedures
– Combination only procedures
– Non-operating room procedures affecting MS-DRG assignment
– Non-operating room procedures NOT affecting MS-DRG assignment
– Hospital acquired condition (HAC)-related procedures
• Procedure combination tables. Identify ICD-10-PCS code combination requirements needed to satisfy
certain MS-DRG requirements.
• Illustrations. Featuring anatomy and terminology included in the ICD-10-PCS classification system.
• Valuable resources to enhance productivity. Resources to help guide the user, including:
– Root operation definition table for medical/surgical section
– Root operation for medical/surgical section grouped by objective
– Operation/Type definition tables for other ICD-10-PCS sections
– Body part definitions and body part key for accurate identification of correct body part character
– Device key and device aggregation tables
– Approach definitions
– Substance key
• Basic tutorial with coding scenarios. Find step-by-step instructions in a well-organized format for
developing basic coding proficiency of the new code set and implementing it in your facility.
• Coding exercises. Facilitate training by completing sample exercises using the ICD-10-PCS code set.
• HIPAA compliance. Comply with HIPAA transaction and code set requirements to avoid delayed or
denied claims and costly fines for violations.