Coders' Desk Reference for Procedures ICD-10-PCS eBook 2018
Coders’ Desk Reference for Procedures (ICD-10-PCS) 2018
The Coders’ Desk Reference for ICD-10-PCS Procedures (eBook) addresses the challenge of translating common procedural nomenclature used by providers to the corresponding ICD-10-PCS coding terminology. Because provider documentation often does not reflect the precise terminology found in ICD-10-PCS, correct procedure coding is dependent on the ability of the coder to translate common procedural terminology to the appropriate procedural terminology of ICD-10-PCS.
This resource is organized by common procedural nomenclature used in the hospital setting and then linked to the related root operation table(s); the procedure is described in layman’s terms, translated to ICD-10-PCS root operation terminology, and the corresponding root operation table(s) is identified.
Features and benefits
• Optum360 Edge —Lay Description. Lay descriptions are provided for the most commonly performed inpatient procedures. Corresponding ICD-10-PCS root operations are identified and defined.
• Optum360 Edge — Illustrations at the chapter and code level. Often an illustration is needed to enhance understanding. Illustrations of pertinent anatomy and surgical procedures are included as a visual aid.
• Ease of Use. Developed to work hand-in-hand with your Optum360 ICD-10-PCS code book.
• Enhance Understanding of ICD-10-PCS. The lay descriptions were developed to enhance understanding of the ICD-10-PCS terminology and definitions of root operations, body parts, approaches, devices, and qualifiers.
• Designed for Both Novices and Seasoned Coders. The lay descriptions, illustrations, and other supplemental resources contained in this resource are designed for coders of all skill levels