Coding and Payment Guide for Anesthesia Services 2018
Coding and Payment Guide for Anesthesia Services
The Coding and Payment Guide for Anesthesia Services is your one-stop coding, billing and documentation guide to submitting claims with greater precision and efficiency. This guide has the latest anesthesia and pain management-specific, 2018 CPT® and HCPCS procedure, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II code sets along with Medicare payer information, CCI edits, helpful code descriptions and clinical definitions.
Features and benefits
- New — Code icons. Quickly identify new, revised and add-on procedure codes related to anesthesia and pain management.
- New — CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT® code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Optum360 Edge—HCPCS procedure codes. Only Optum360 offers HCPCS procedure codes specific to your specialty with the same information as we provide for CPT® codes.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT® full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, CPT® Assistant references and Medicare references.
- Organized by CPT® and HCPCS code. Essential procedures for general surgery and gastroenterology are listed by CPT® or HCPCS code, along with crosswalks to ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility for procedures are included.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information provides the references to Pub. 100 guidelines, follow-up days and assistant-at-surgery.
- CCI Edits by CPT® and HCPCS code. CPT® codes with associated CCI edits in a special section and quarterly updates available online.