Coding and Payment Guide for Behavioral Health Services — 2021
2021 Coding and Payment Guide for Behavioral Health Services
The Coding and Payment Guide for Behavioral Health Services is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for behavioral health. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2021 and organized by specialty-specific CPT® codes. Each code includes its official code description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key Features and Benefits
• ICD-10-CM code icons – NEW – Icons identifying male- and female-only codes, as well as agerelated and laterality diagnosis codes.
• Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, and add-on procedure codes, making your coding process quick and efficient.
• Evaluation and management services. Evaluation and management codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description and lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits, and relative value units.
• CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT® code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
• Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT® full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, clinical terms, Medicare IOM references, CPT® Assistant references, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
• Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references from Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and modifier usage.
• CCI edits. Includes a section with CCI edits for CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes.
• Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility services are included.