Coding and Payment Guide for Dental Services — 2021
2021 Coding and Payment Guide for Dental Services
The Coding and Payment Guide for Dental Services is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for dental practices. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2021 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT® codes. Each code includes its official code description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, RVUs and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key Features and Benefits
• ICD-10-CM code icons – NEW – Icons identifying male- and female-only codes, as well as agerelated and laterality diagnosis codes.
• Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CDT and CPT® full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis
• Code icons. Quickly identify new and revised procedure codes related to dental services.
• Evaluation and management services. Evaluation and management CPT® codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description, lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits, and relative value units.
• Prevent claim denials and stay up-to-date with Medicare payer information. Review Medicare IOM references containing information linked to CDT, HCPCS Level II, and CPT® codes tailored to dental services, to prepare cleaner claims before submission.
• Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility services are included.
• CCI edits. Includes CCI edits for CDT, CPT® , and HCPCS procedure codes in a special section.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of the anatomy related to dental procedures and services.