Coding and Payment Guide for the Physical Therapist — 2021
2021 Coding and Payment Guide for the Physical Therapist
TThe Coding and Payment Guide for the Physical Therapist is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for physical therapy. Coproduced with the American Physical Therapy Association, this comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2021 and organized by specialty-specific CPT® codes. Each code includes its official code description and lay description, coding tips, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
• Optum 360 Edge — Coproduced with APTA. The only resource for the physical therapist produced with the American Physical Therapy Association.
• ICD-10-CM code icons – NEW – Icons identifying male- and female-only codes, as well as agerelated and laterality diagnosis codes.
• Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, and add-on procedure codes, making your coding process quick and efficient.
• CPT® Assistant references. Identify that an article or discussion of the CPT code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
• Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, clinical terms, Medicare IOM references, CPT® Assistant references, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
• Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references from Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery and modifier usage.
• CCI edits. Includes section with CCI Edits for CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes with quarterly updates available online.
• Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility for CPT codes are included.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of therapy services.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.