Coding Guide for OMS — 2021
2021 Coding Guide for OMS
The Coding Guide for OMS is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for OMS. Co-produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), this comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2021 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT® codes. Each code includes its official code description and lay description, coding tips, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key Features and Benefits
• Optum 360 Edge — Co-produced with AAOMS. Only resource produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
• ICD-10-CM code icons-New –Icons identifying male- and female-only codes, as well as age-related and laterality diagnosis codes.
• Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, and add-on procedure codes, making your coding process quick and efficient.
• Evaluation and management services. Evaluation and management codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description and lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits, and relative value units.
• CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT® code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
• Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility are included.
• Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT® and CDT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, clinical terms, Medicare IOM references, CPT® Assistant references, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
• Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references to Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery.
• CCI edits by CPT® , CDT, and HCPCS procedure code. CPT® , CDT, and HCPCS procedure codes with their associated CCI edits are provided in a special section. Quarterly updates are available online.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.CDT © 2018 American Dental Association.