CPT Coding Essentials for Cardiology 2019
CPT® Coding Essentials for Cardiology & Cardiothoracic Surgery 2019
BOOK LIST AND ama-assn.org/partner-resources PRODUCT INFORMATION
Optimized for medical necessity and reimbursement understanding, this all-in-one resource focuses on the most important
CPT and HCPCS codes for cardiology and vascular surgery, plus medicine and ancillary services codes chosen by experts who
have taken into consideration utilization, denial risk and complexity.
CPT® Coding Essentials optimizes both CPT and ICD-10 code selection with helpful CPT-to-ICD-10-CM crosswalks and detailed
explanations of anatomy, physiology and documentation. Other than the AMA CPT® Professional Edition codebook, this is the
only book in the market with verbatim CPT-panel–approved guidelines and parenthetical information specific to cardiology
and vascular surgery.
This is the ideal daily companion featuring useful, definitive specialty-specific coding information beyond what is provided
in a full procedural codebook.
Cardiology and vascular coding and billing knowledge that otherwise might take years of experience or multiple resources
to accumulate is available in a single volume.
Features and Benefits
• A subset of specialty-specific CPT codes chosen by experts who take into consideration utilization, denial risk and
• Official AMA coding guidelines pertinent to the specialty and not available in any other specialty codebooks in the market
• Official code-specific CPT parenthetical instructions
• Plain English descriptors that clarify for the reader the details of the service represented by the CPT code
• CPT® Assistant citations
• Procedural illustrations
• Crosswalks from CPT to ICD-10-CM
• National Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits to identify bundled and separately billable codes
• CMS Pub 100 billing guidance citations
• Facility and non-facility relative value units (RVUs) including global surgery days, physician work and practice,
malpractice and total expenses as well as those modifiers that can affect relative values
• Additional chapters on terminology and anatomy, HCPCS codes, CPT modifiers and ICD-10-CM coding and
• Appendixes offering clinical documentation checklists and evaluation and management (E/M) guidelines