CPT Coding Essentials for Cardiology 2020
CPT® Coding Essentials for Cardiology & Cardiothoracic Surgery 2020
Optimized for medical necessity and reimbursement understanding, this all-in-one resource focuses on the most important
CPT® and HCPCS codes for cardiology and vascular surgery, plus medicine and ancillary services codes chosen by experts who
have taken into consideration utilization, denial risk and complexity.
CPT® Coding Essentials optimizes both CPT and ICD-10 code selection with helpful CPT®-to-ICD-10-CM crosswalks and detailed
explanations of anatomy, physiology and documentation. Other than the AMA CPT® Professional Edition codebook, this is the
only book in the market with verbatim CPT®-panel–approved guidelines and parenthetical information specific to cardiology
and vascular surgery.
This is the ideal daily companion featuring useful, definitive specialty-specific coding information beyond what is provided
in a full procedural codebook.
Cardiology and vascular coding and billing knowledge that otherwise might take years of experience or multiple resources
to accumulate is available in a single volume.
Features and Benefits
• A subset of specialty-specific CPT® codes chosen by experts based on utilization, deniel risk and complexity.
• Official AMA coding guidelines pertinent to the specialty and not available in any other specialty codebooks in the market
• Official code-specific CPT® parenthetical instructions
• Plain English descriptors that clarify for the reader the details of the service represented by the CPT® code
• CPT® Assistant citations
• Procedural illustrations
• Crosswalks from CPT® to ICD-10-CM
• National Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits to identify bundled and separately billable codes
• CMS Pub 100 billing guidance citations
• Facility and non-facility relative value units (RVUs) including global surgery days, physician work and practice,
malpractice and total expenses as well as those modifiers that can affect relative values
• Additional chapters on terminology and anatomy, HCPCS codes, CPT® modifiers and ICD-10-CM coding and
• Appendixes offering clinical documentation checklists and evaluation and management (E/M) guidelines