2019 Evaluation and Management Coding Advisor
Evaluation and Management (E/M) coding is notoriously difficult because coders have trouble selecting the correct code from among a range of seemingly appropriate choices.
Consequently, providers make more mistakes with E/M coding than coding for any other item or service. This new resource offers detailed and advanced guidance on selecting the appropriate E/M codes, with helpful resources designed for difficult E/M coding situations.
Key Features and Benefits
• Compliance guidance, checklist, and worksheets help avoid costly revenue take-backs.
• ICD-10-CM code assignment hinges on the quality and detail of E/M encounter data. Get appropriate ICD-10-CM coding assignments with improved E/M coding process. Minimize physician queries and prevent delays in claims processing pending information and stop outright claims denials.
• Includes clinical case studies. Train coders and clinicians using real-life scenarios.
• Telemedicine services. Understand how E/M services are reported.
• Chapter addressing HCPCS codes. HCPCS types of services now in one chapter.
• Covers every E/M service. Review of the E/M rules and protocols.
• Helpful advice designed for difficult E/M coding situations. Well-patient exams, H1N1 flu, and other common, but problematic coding scenarios are explained.
• Includes Knowledge Assessments. With answers and rationale, get instant feedback on knowledge retention
• Targeted areas. Review what auditors are targeting, such as critical care.
• Documentation guidance. Review key factors for proper E/M code selection, plus advice to help clinicians make an objective review of subjective information