ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals — 2019 (Spiral)
2019 ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals: Early Delivery with 2019 Guidelines Booklet
The ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitalswith our hallmark features and format makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. The hospital edition contains the complete
ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC), major comorbidities/complications (MCC), and principal diagnoses (PDx) as their own CC/MCC. Also identified are Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC) and CMS Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC). Supplementary appendixes available only in the expert edition include: POA coding and reporting tutorial; pharmacology listings of common drugs with therapeutic classes and indications; and code lists for CC, MCC and PDx CC/MCC.
Delivery Option 1: Guaranteed delivery before October 1, 2018. A booklet containing the Official Coding and Reporting Guidelines for 2019 will be shipped separately if the guidelines are not available at the time this edition goes to press.
Key Features and Benefits
• New — Optum360 Edge — Coding Tips. Specific coding tips for acute care hospitals.
• New — Optum360 Edge — More Definitions. More diagnostic terms are defined.
• New — Optum360 Edge —Complete list of code changes. All 2019 new, revised, and deleted codes listed in the front of the book.
• Optum360 Edge — Two delivery options. Delivery option 1 – guaranteed delivery before October 1, 2018. Updated 2019 guidelines will be provided in a guideline booklet that will be shipped separately. Delivery option 2 – guidelines bound in the book. Books may arrive after October 1, but are guaranteed to contain the complete updated 2019 code set along with updated 2019 guidelines.
• Optum360 Edge—Downloadable files. CC Excludes PDx collection, POA exempt codes.
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Includes all of the Optum360 visual alerts, including our hallmark color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, MCEs, CC, MCC, PDx CC/MCC, HAC, HCC, and manifestation codes.