ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals — 2019 (Softbound) with guidelines
2019 ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals: with 2019
Guidelines Bound in Book
The ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals with our hallmark features and format makes
facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. This edition contains the complete
ICD-10-CM code set, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols
identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC), major CC (MCC), and principal
diagnoses (PDx) that function as their own CC/MCC. Also identified are Hospital Acquired
Conditions (HAC), CMS Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC).
Delivery Option 2: Updated 2019 coding guidelines bound in the book; delivery before October
1, 2018 is dependent on when the updated coding guidelines are released. Delivery may be
delayed beyond the October 1, 2018 effective date.
Key Features and Benefits
• New — Optum360 Edge — Coding Tips. Specific coding tips for acute care hospitals
• New — Optum360 Edge — More Definitions. More diagnostic terms are defined.
• New — Optum360 Edge — Complete list of code changes. All 2019 new, revised, and deleted
codes listed in the front of the book.
• Optum360 Edge — Two delivery options. Delivery option 1 – guaranteed delivery before October 1,
2018. Updated 2019 guidelines will be provided in a guideline booklet that will be shipped separately.
Delivery option 2 – guidelines bound in the book. Books may arrive after October 1, but are
guaranteed to contain the complete updated 2019 code set along with updated 2019 guidelines.
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Includes all of the Optum360 visual alerts,
including our hallmark color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional
character requirements, MCEs, CCs, MCCs, PDx as its own CC/MCC, CC/MCC exclusions, HACs,
HCCs and manifestation codes.