ICD-10 Essentials: Operation PCS — 2019 (Softbound)
2019 ICD-10 Essentials: Operation PCS
ICD-10 Essentials: Operation PCS is a companion resource for ICD-10-PCS that provides indepth
explanations of everything from the basic format and structure of the ICD-10-PCS code
set to use of the supplemental appendixes to code assignment based on appropriate application
of the coding guidelines. Using coding examples and case studies, correct code assignment is
explained with an emphasis on application of the coding and reporting guidelines. The new
edition now contains operative reports with coding and rationale along with coding examples
and case studies designed to clearly illustrate coding concepts and reinforce understanding
from the most basic coding questions to the most complex.
Key Features and Benefits
• New — Optum360 Edge —Operative reports. The current edition combines content from Coding
from the Operative Report and Operation PCS into a single comprehensive resource.
• Optum360 Edge — Hundredsof coding examples/case studies. Operation PCS provides multiple
case studies illustrating application of each ICD-10-PCS guideline.
• Optum360 Edge — Coding rationale. Coding examples and case studies:
o Provide rationale for each ICD-10-PCS code assigned
o Explain the root operation(s) performed
o Compare and contrast similar root operations and identify the correct root operation based on
root operation definitions
o Identify and explain all applicable coding and reporting guidelines
• Optum360 Edge — Designed for all levels of expertise. Coding examples and case studies tackle
coding concepts ranging from basic to advanced.
• Optum360 Edge — Illustrations. Both anatomical and procedural illustrations are provided to further
• Optum360 Edge – Comprehensive index. Quickly identify all relevant coding examples and case
studies contained in Operation PCS when researching correct coding of specific procedures and
correct application of coding guidelines.