ICD-10 Expert for SNF and IRF - with guidelines - eBook
ICD-10 Expert for SNF and IRF - with guidelines - eBook-2021
The 2021 ICD-10-CM Expert for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities with Guidelines, and our hallmark features and format, makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set with Optum360 coding and reimbursement alerts for SNF and IRF, including color-coding and symbols identifying diagnoses for components of the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM), and RIC. Coding tips and definitions of commonly treated conditions specific to these PAC settings are also included. Delivery might be delayed beyond the September 1, 2020 effective date. Delivery is dependent on when the updated Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2021 are released from CMS
Key Features and Benefits
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, and more.
• Supplementary appendixes. Additional coding and reimbursement information covering PDPM, PPS for SNF and IRF services, Medicare coverage, quality initiatives, and long-term care guidelines.
• Coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, and assist in appropriate code selection. • Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions help provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
• Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
• List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2021 new, revised, and deleted codes, plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
• Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapterspecific coding examples
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.