ICD-10 Expert for SNF, IRF and Hospice 2017
ICD-10 Expert for SNF, IRF and Hospice — 2017
The 2017 ICD-10-CM Expert for SNF, IRF and Inpatient Hospice with our hallmark features and content has been designed specifically to address diagnosis coding challenges for post-acute care services.
Key Features and Benefits
- New — Optum360 Edge — Illustrations and definitions in the tabular. Assign codes with confidence based on illustrations and definitions designed to highlight key components of the disease process or injury.
- Optum360 Edge —Intuitive features and format. Ourhallmark color-coding and symbols identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, Medicare Code Edits, and SNF, IRF and hospice specific symbols includingRUG IV codes, IRF rehabilitation impairment categories (RICs), non-cancer hospice diagnoses, and non-routine supply diagnoses.
- Optum360 Edge — Coding guideline explanations and examples.Explanations and examples related to application of the ICD-10-CM chapter guidelines at the beginning of each chapter in the tabular section.
- Optum360 Edge — Muscle/tendon translation table. Use this table to determine muscle/tendon action (flexor, extensor, other) which is a component of codes for acquired conditions and injuries affecting the muscles and tendons
- Optum360 Edge — Placeholder X. This icon, designed and used exclusively by Optum360, alerts the coder to a new ICD-10-CM convention — the use of a “placeholder X” for 3, 4, and 5 character codes requiring a 7th character extension.
Optum360 Edge — Case Mix Quick Pick Cards. These handy 8x11 laminated cards identify RUG IV categories and diagnoses, RIC categories and diagnoses, and non-cancer hospice diagnoses.