ICD-10-PCS 2019 The Complete Official Codebook
|Expected release date is 16th Sep 2018|
ICD-10-PCS 2019: The Complete Official Codebook
ICD-10-PCS 2019: The Complete Official Codebook contains the complete ICD-10-PCS code set and supplementary appendixes
required for reporting inpatient procedures. This illustrated codebook presents the code set in 17 sections of tables arranged
by general procedure type. Tables within the extensive Medical and Surgical section are additionally sectioned out by body
system, indicated by color-coded page borders.
ICD-10-PCS contains classifications for procedures, devices and technologies.
Features and Benefits
• Summary of changes. Quickly see how additions and deletions affect each section of ICD-10-PCS.
• Complete 2019 ICD-10-PCS code set. The code set is organized in 17 sections. Each section contains a code table by
which a code can be built through character selections that reflect the procedure performed. A character meanings table
and citations to American Hospital Association’s Coding Clinic start each section.
• Official coding guidelines. Learn how to use the code set appropriately following the guidelines specific for each section.
• Illustrations. The full-color illustrations provide a visual explanation of anatomy and procedural approach.
– NEW! Approach illustrations show the access location, method, and instrumentation that determine the approach.
– Body parts with indicators to applicable code characters (provided immediately after the character meaning tables in the
• Visual alerts. This edition provides color-coding and symbols that identify male/female procedures and new/revised
• Detailed information on structure and conventions of ICD-10-PCS. Learn about the unique structure and the specific
definitions and functions of each character. Practice your skills with sample exercises (answers included).
• Color-coding and symbols for the Medicare Code Edits. This edition includes color-coding and symbols for the most
comprehensive coverage of ICD10 MS-DRG MCEs for procedures including;
– Non-covered procedures
– Limited coverage procedures
– Combination only procedures
– Non-operating room procedures affecting MS-DRG assignment
– Non-operating room procedures NOT affecting MS-DRG assignment
– Hospital acquired condition (HAC)-related procedures