Optum Mobile Diagnosis is the clinician’s and coder’s essential ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM code look-up application designed for the iPad and iPhone. This easy-to-use, content-rich application offers fast, detailed search capabilities simultaneously across both ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM code sets. With complimentary code updates, powerful search capabilities, mapping content unique to Optum, and clear guidelines providing documentation support for those ICD-10-CM codes that require specific documentation criteria to be considered, this mobile application allows for accurate coding right at the point of care.
Key Features and Benefits
- Optum360 Edge—Powerful CodeLogic™ search engine technology. Find the most clinically accurate diagnosis codes using keyword searches across both ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM code sets simultaneously or independently using up to four terms, acronyms, or even abbreviations.
- Optum360 Edge—Physician Documentation Guidelines. Quickly identify guidelines for those ICD-10-CM codes that require specific clinical documentation considerations for accurate coding.
- Optum360 Edge—Automatic monthly updates. Real-time application service delivers code changes before implementation and updates Medicare information regularly for coding confidence.
- CMS GEM and Optum MapSelects Mapping Content. Includes mapping content for ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM (as well as backward mapping) using the GEM (General Equivalency Mappings) and Optum360’s MapSelect clinical mapping content. Also includes ICD-10-CM Optum tabular content (ICD-10-CM book content such as chapter notes, tabular notes, section notes, “code first” or “use additional” scenarios as well as includes and excludes).
- Color-coded edits. Reduce research time and improve coding accuracy with at-a-glance icon indicators that identify gender or age edits; new, deleted, and revised codes; whether a code requires extra digits; and much more.
- ICD-10-CM Bill Together Codes. Quickly identify coding combinations that must be “billed together” to support one code set’s transition to the other. (Example: 801.40 must map to 2 different codes, S02.10xA and S06.890A or S06.890A or S06.9x0A)
- User notes. Apply a note to a code that is unique to you in order to identify unique coding scenarios or apply specific specialty guidelines unique to your organization or payer.
- Favorites. Quickly mark and reference codes that are most applicable to your specialty or common use.
- Great value. Includes the content from more than four code and reference books in one powerful mobile solution, allowing for increased coding accuracy at the point of care.